First, you’ll need to make sure you’re certified for tutoring online. If you’re not yet, get certified now. Once you’re certified, here’s how to use the online tool for your lessons:
- Watch our video tutorials to learn how each of the tools work so that you’re ready to use them with students.
- Then, test out what you learned from the tutorials in our demo room. You can use the demo room as often and long as you like in order to familiarize yourself with all of the features before your first lesson.
- When you and your student agree on a lesson day and time, make sure to schedule your lesson on Wyzant so your student knows exactly how to join the lesson (they’ll receive emails and a notification through their Wyzant dashboard).
- Before your lesson begins:
- Find a quiet place with no distractions
- Use Google Chrome for the best experience
- Test your audio and video before the lesson
- Wear headphones to reduce outside noise and prevent any echo.
Now you’re ready for your lesson! If you experience any issues, visit our Online FAQs section of the Help Center.