This is a way to show new students how easy online lessons are using the online tool —and you can set it up right from your messages. Here’s how it works:
- From messages, click on the computer icon at the bottom left side of the thread.
- Select whether you want to conduct the demo now, or at a later time.
- The student will receive a link in your message thread to “join” the online demo room. If you selected a later time, all of the details will be included in the message.
- To join yourself, you’ll click on the same link in the message thread.
- Once you’re both in the demo room, you’ll be able to see and hear each other over video chat. Now you can walk through which collaboration features you think would be most helpful for this particular student. Be sure to point out any other aspects (screensharing, file sending, etc) that you think would be helpful for them.
- Once you’ve completed your demo, click on End Lesson to be taken back to the message thread, where you can then schedule your online lesson.
Although it’s not required, offering the online demo for free is a smart, short investment upfront that could lead to recurring students, and save you a ton of time commuting down the road.