What kind of information should I include in my Free Response?
As a guideline, the best Free Responses are clear and to the point, while providing adequate details about your background and qualifications. Because your Free Response is one of the first things potential students see when viewing your profile, you want to ensure that the information presented demonstrates both your proficiency in the subjects you’ve listed on your profile and your ability to teach those subjects.
Your Free Response should include:
- Details about your degrees, certifications, test scores, honors, etc.
- Contextual details about any previous teaching or tutoring experience you may have
- Relevant professional experience that may qualify you to tutor in your listed subjects
For example, you can consider detailing how long you’ve taught, the typical age range of your students, the subjects you specialize in, and the context of your experience (i.e. one-on-one lessons, in a classroom setting, through a tutoring center, etc.). Don't forget to share what sets you apart from other tutors in this section!
Free Responses should adhere to the below formatting guidelines:
- Full sentences in paragraph format (resume or list formats will not be accepted)
- Proper spelling and grammar
- Do not include any personally identifiable information (full name, phone number, email address, etc.)
I’ve submitted my Free Response, now what?
We have a team called the Content Review Team that manually reviews each tutor's Free Response before it is listed on the platform.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of profile updates and our team is working to process them as quickly as possible. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for our team to process your submission.
My Free Response was rejected - how can I resubmit?
After reviewing a submission, the Content Review Team may reach out via email to request additional information or edits to your Free Response.
To make changes to your Free Response:
- Review the information our Content Review Team sent you by email. This information should help to inform which parts of your Free Response need attention.
- Visit your tutor Dashboard, and click the downward-facing arrow next to your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Profile.
- On the left navigation menu, click Free Response and Title.
Article is closed for comments.