The most likely issue is that the camera or microphone are not connecting to our platform properly. To troubleshoot the issue, try each of the following steps before moving on to the next.
- If the camera and microphone icons in the lower right hand corner are grey, try clicking the icons to activate them. If you were successful, the icons will appear green.
- Exit and reenter the online room. You should receive a pop-up asking you to allow Wyzant permission to access your webcam and microphone. Make sure to click "Allow."
- If you do not receive the pop-up, you can access your "Permissions" from the green padlock symbol, located to the left of the URL. You can click this icon to ensure that you "Allow" Wyzant access to your webcam and microphone.
- Clear the history and cookies on your web browser. You’ll need to close the browser and open a new session, before attempting to start the online lesson again.
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser. If your camera and microphone are having trouble connecting, it often helps to try using the alternative browser.