How do I obtain information to file my taxes?

Since tutors listed on Wyzant are working independently, we don’t supply W2s for tax purposes. Instead, we provide tutors with a Form 1099 whenever they make $600.00 or more in a calendar year.

If you require a 1099, our Finance Team will report your earnings to the IRS; they’ll also mail your 1099 form to your current address on file, and post a PDF version in your account by the end of January. If you make less than $600.00 in a calendar year, a 1099 will not be provided. You can use your earnings total and Wyzant’s tax ID [02-0751021] to report what you earned.

You can find your 1099 PDF and earnings totals on our Tax Resource page, which also provides helpful links to the IRS website, as well as state revenue sites, for reference. Select Earnings to see yearly earnings. If you have any questions about how to get your tax info, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. We suggest tutors consult a tax professional with any filing questions.


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful


Article is closed for comments.