National University and Wyzant for Higher Ed have partnered to support NU’s students by harnessing the power of Wyzant’s tutor marketplace. We are providing support in the following areas:
- Supplemental writing support for NU’s Academic Writing Center
- Supplemental math lab support for Probability & Statistics, College Algebra, and Trigonometry courses
- Master’s of Applied Behavior Analysis program
- Master’s of Education in Inspired Teaching and Learning program
We’ve created a new type of tutoring request in order to provide a seamless experience for these students. Below are the important details about “Scheduled Requests”, and how to claim them:
- A student will request a session at a specific time and day - these requests can be received a few hours in advance, or upwards of a week in advance.
- A group of qualified tutors will be notified about the new request via email (see a writing support example below).
- Claiming a request will automatically schedule the session at the requested time and connect you and the student on the Wyzant platform and in messaging.
- The hourly rate budget is outlined in each request, and by claiming the request you are agreeing to this hourly rate. These students cannot be charged cancellation fees. However, a no-show fee can be assessed at the agreed-upon predetermined rate (agreed to when claiming the lesson). See linked policy article for additional details.
- National University still handles all payments for these students, so students will not see your hourly rate or any payment-related information.