Below find some answers to frequently asked questions about submitting lessons on Wyzant. This article is for tutor users.
How do I submit a lesson?
Once you have a lesson with a student, you’ll need to enter the lesson details for payment. To enter a lesson from the website, head to your Dashboard and click Submit Lesson in the left sidebar menu. Provide the details of the lesson that was held, and confirm the information that was provided. If the student has requested a review, include that here as well. You can also submit lessons from the Wyzant app.
- Head to the Lessons tab from the options at the bottom of the app.
- Tap the notebook icon at the top right side of the screen.
- Tap Submit Completed Lesson.
- Select the student by tapping their name and enter the lesson details. If the student has requested a review, include that here as well. Confirm the details you entered are correct, then hit Send.
- After launching the app, tap on three-bar menu option in the top left of the screen.
- Tap Lessons on the menu.
- Tap the orange button at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Tap Submit Lesson.
- Select the student by tapping their name and enter the lesson details. If the student has requested a review, include that here as well.
- Confirm the details to submit your lesson.
How do I enter and submit an online lesson?
You are able to schedule and submit online lessons through the Wyzant platform the same way you would schedule and submit in-person lessons.
Can I submit a late lesson?
All lessons should be submitted through the Wyzant platform no longer than seven days after a lesson has concluded to avoid requiring a student's approval; otherwise, the lesson will be voided. If a lesson is entered after seven days from the time of a lesson, it is considered late. Tutors have a total of 31 days to enter a lesson before it can no longer be entered into the system.
For any lesson submitted between seven and 31 days, Wyzant will send an additional email to the student asking for confirmation, and the student can approve or reject the lesson. If the lesson is approved, the student will be charged for the lesson within 24 hours. If it is rejected, the lesson is voided. If the student does not approve or reject the lesson within 14 days, the lesson will automatically be approved.
Please note that all lessons will include the 9% service fee. Students for whom lessons are submitted late may notice they are charged the service fee before they approve the lesson. If a student has questions about this charge, please direct them to Wyzant Customer Support.
Why can't I provide a lesson summary?
Students have the option to opt-out of receiving written summaries of their lessons. In these cases, you will not be prompted to provide that information and should feel free to submit a completed lesson as normal.