Below find some answers to frequently asked questions about job applications.
Do students receive all tutor job applications?
Wyzant students receive a maximum of five applications per job posting. This prevents students from getting overwhelmed with too many applications. Based on a variety of factors, including the student’s needs, your tutoring location, other tutors who’ve applied, and speed of application, Wyzant uses an algorithm to send five applications to the student. Once they have been sent, the job is closed and automatically removed from the jobs board.
Here are a few tips to ensure your applications have the best chance of being seen by the student:
- Be selective! Only apply to jobs that you’re excited about.
- Make sure your application is tailored for a specific job.
- Apply to recent jobs first. Students are more likely to respond to job applications received within 48 hours of the job being posted.
- Look for jobs marked No Applications Yet.
- Make sure your profile is ready for students by writing clear and compelling subject qualifications, maintaining a 100% Response Rate, and continuing to improve your Response Time.
How will I know if my application was viewed by a student?
Unfortunately, it’s currently not possible to see if an application was received or read by a student. We are working on ways to increase visibility and close the feedback loop on job applications, as we recognize that it’s a source of frustration. When this process is updated, tutors will be notified.
How do I submit a follow-up to a job I’ve applied for?
If a job opportunity is available for follow-up, you can click this link to type and send your message.
How do I add, edit, or delete a template for my job applications?
You can create templates to quickly apply for tutoring jobs that fit your expertise. To create, add, or edit existing templates, go to the templates page on your account. You can also access your templates page directly from a job post.
Add new template
- Click the '+ New Template' button in the right-hand corner.
- Give your template a title in the 'Title' field. This will only be seen by you and helps you keep your templates organized.
- Write the body of your template in the 'Template' field. This is what the student will see when he or she views your job application.
Edit existing template
- Click the 'Edit template' link underneath the template.
- Make your edits to the title and/or template.
- Click 'Save' to save your edits.
Delete an existing template
- Click the 'Delete template' link underneath the template.
- Click 'Yes' if you're sure you want to delete your template, or 'Cancel.'
Your existing templates are also available when you apply for jobs from the Tutoring Jobs page.